FIVE FOLD STRATEGIES OF TSSS
1. CAPACITY BUILDING
- Human Resource Development Training (HRD)
- Self Employment Training
- Leadership & Personality Development Training
- Training on Participatory Rural Appraisal (PRA), Participatory Action Research (PAR), Participatory Strategy planning (PSP)
- Result Based Management Training (RBM)
- Different NGO Trainings
- Training on Reporting, Documentation, Public speaking & Presentation Methodology
- Trainings for 4 target groups based on the need
2. ADVOCACY, POLICY LOBBYING & NETWORKING
- Advocacy discussions, meetings, visits, Interactions with people and, Govt., bodies NGOs and Local
- Conduct discussions, workshops, seminars, and other action process on different policies of Govt. to make to the favour of the people.
- Liberative movements, Awareness programmes, Issue based study, Research etc
- Networking with Local bodies–District Panchayat, Block Panchayat, Grama panchayat, CHC, PHC, District hospitals, Schools, Govt. Departments, Technical institutions & Other NGOs for mobilizing local resources for effective implementation of programmes.
- Educate the illiterate people on human rights, consumer rights, etc
- Children’s programme through CHILD LINE
- Formation of legal aid centers and services like free legal advice and awareness to the public
- Formation of fishermen forums, KLCA , and other CBOs in villages
- Formation of workers' forums to build up a sense of devotion to labour.
- Formation of Secular Samithis to work jointly against social evils, and protection of human rights of the marginalized people.
3. HEALTH, ENVIRONMENT & EDUCATION
- Health Information, Education & Communication programmes
- Community health education and provision of mobile clinic.
- School health programmes
- Health assessment in both interior as well as coastal areas
- Anganvadis, Crèche etc
- Networking with Gos, NGOs and Local bodies.
- Promotion of alternative lifestyle, treatment, Yoga, Meditation
- Anti alcohol campaigns
- Pratheeksha De-addiction Centre for treatment of drug and alcohol abuse.
- Education of health and hygiene in villages
- Support for physically and mentally handicapped children
- Mother Teresa Day care centre for the challenged
- Health camps, clinics, free treatment to poor
- Study related to employment health hazards
- Networking forums with DHAF, PHA & Hospitals
- Environment protection, Cleaning, Environment awareness to the public
- Supplementary Education Centres, Non formal education, Education for dropouts.
- Technical and Vocational education
- Health clubs, forums, orphanages, day care centers, Jeevavardini, Balavedi, Child development centres
- New centre, SADHANA for alcoholic treatment and prevention.
4. SOCIO-ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT & EMPLOYMENT
- Education programmes on sustainable model of development through SHGs
- Local resource mobilization
- Social & cultural development programmes in the villages
- Intervention strategies in the issues of landless, homeless people in coastal & other backward villages
- Running Self Help Groups, Credit Unions, Fish vending Women Cooperatives, Fishermen forums, Widows forums etc
- Training on micro enterprises.
- Basic Infrastructure development programmes (Housing, sanitation, drinking water, etc)
- Career guidance & Career Bureau
- Training-cum-Production Centres through Self Help Groups in villages
- Self-employment loans, grants, etc.
5. ADMINISTRATION AND RESEARCH
- Micro Planning and project formulation
- Programme implementation and coordination of activities at 3 levels, Centre, Regional and Local
- Participatory Monitoring & Evaluation
- Scientific Documentation & Research
- Financial Transactions