Integral development of all the fishermen including inland fishermen of Trivandrum District and Vilavancode Taluk of Kanyakumary District.
To safeguard the fisheries sector and improve the living conditions of the people in fishing and fish vending sectors.
- To work for the socio-economic and cultural betterment of the members of SHGs under the TMF.
- To find out new methods of fishing, processing and marketing to make them profitable.
- To find all possible ways to mobilize loans and other financial resources for supporting their occupation.
- To take measures to liberate the fishermen from the clutches of the high rate of interest, financial exploitation by money lenders and the consequent indebtedness.
- To ensure the fair price for the fishes.
- To bring the attention of the Government to take appropriate measures regarding the issues of sea erosion and the mechanized trolling which lead to the decrease of marine resources.
- To strengthen the units of TMF to take appropriate action during accidents and man missing in the sea and to initiate needed legal procedure to rescue the victims.
- To promote and give training to the fisher folk to start fish-processing units to add value to their catches.
- To network with different Government agencies like Matsyafed, Fishermen Welfare Fund Board, Fisheries Department etc., to obtain the benefits of various schemes and grants that are due to fishermen and their families.
- To strengthen peoples’ movements and take legal measures to safeguard the rights of the fishermen.
- To study the environmental problems and suggest remedial measures.
- To initiate beneficial insurance schemes for the fishermen.
- To work efficiently with the members of the TMF and SHGs to implement self help projects and get benefits of insurance and other schemes from the Government.
- To deal with the problems of deep sea fishing of the fishermen of Thoothoor Forane as a separate issue and work out efficiently in collaboration with local groups.